Friday, December 16, 2011

Intro Flight: Hour 1

December 12, 2011 I started my flight training with an introduction flight at Bolton Field(KTZR) in Columbus, (the great state of) Ohio.  At noon I pulled into the parking lot and met my instructor for the first time, Mike Davidson.  We got off on a great start and quickly got to know each other.  We taxied out of hangar row to runway 22 via the bravo and alpha taxi ways.  We took off and headed South West to where the instructors take most of their students near London, Ohio.  We were up for an hour and went over some simple maneuvers like straight and level flight, turns and power changes.  The air was smooth as silk and I think we only felt one bump in the air.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to fly.  After our time was up we flew back to Bolton Field and concluded the flight with a soft and smooth landing.  Mike handed me a log book which he had filled in my first flight and signed it.  Now I need to prove I'm a citizen and he can officially continue the training.  One hour down and a lifetime to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment